Sunday, November 1, 2009

A birthday card for my mum

Good Evening all, I hope you are well - I am so tired today I was out last night for halloween we were all dressed as Zombies - one tip - fake blood doesn't wash off easily :) Any how I have made a card today for my mums birthday - it is to match the box I have made to put chocolates in. My mum loves all things goth like so this image from  DewDrop crafts is perfect. To make this card I followed the sketch and recipe on this weeks truly scrumptious challenge.

The recipie was 3 flowers, 3 brads and 3 pearls or gems. I dont know if you can tell from the pictures but I have used 3 flowers together 1 red 1 white and 1 black.

Here is the sketch;



And here is the card I made. I rotated the sketch 180 degrees. The patterened paper is actually wallpaper not an design paper but I think it is beautiful. I used this paper to make the box too which can be found a few posts down if you want to take a look. The image is the halloween Pixie from DewDrop crafts range of digi images.




Here is a close up of the image. I coloured her with copic markers.



Card Recipe
Image - DewDrop crafts Halloween pixie - you can check out the gorgeous range of digi images from DewDrop crafts - right here
Papers - cards from stash and wallpaper
Coloured with copics
Sentiment - Woodware
Gems and flowers from stash - i didn't have any red or black flowers so i coloured the ones i do have

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gosh that image is super!! Love this card & I know your mum will too :) Sounds like you had fun on Halloween lol Hugs, Steph x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Amanda,
This card is brilliant. What a funky image, I'm sure your "with it" mum will love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Abi Bundy said...

Thats such a cool card! great image :)

Sharon said...

Wow, what a fab image and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

Dawn said...

Hi there
Love your image and the B & W paper, great colouring too!
I love your cats and so sorry to read about Zeus at such a young age too.
I have two cats myself.

Thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn