Sunday, October 25, 2009

A little shaker treat box

Good Afternoon everyone I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday I have been very busy today, I am off to do some more crafting in a moment but i thought i would share this little creation with you.

This is my first creation for DewDop crafts as one of their Digi Design team members. It is a little box for my mum for her birthday, she loves all things gothic and so I thought this image would be perfect for her. The image is called the Halloween Pixie and can be found at dewdropcraftz along with many other gorgeous digi and rubber stamps.



I made this box using a template I found on bettys-creations it is perfect for all those little Halloween goodies :) -
Here are the instructions for making the box;

1. Using the template draw the box design on to your chosen DP (you need draw around this twice - side by side - in order to get the full box shape)
2. Cut out the template and score the lines where necessary
3. Cut an oval shaped hole in the front of the box - this will be your window
4. Print your Halloween pixie out (don't forget you can buy this here) and colour her using your chosen medium
5. Print a spider web on vellum
6. Cut the velum and Digi image so that they are just larger than the oval you have cut in to the front of the box (it is important not to make it smaller or it wont work)
7. Stick the vellum down with Double sided tape
8. Get some double sided foam tape and stick this all around the outside of the vellum making sure you can't see it when you look though the front window. It is also important to make sure there are no gaps otherwise the shaker bits will fall out.
9. Now you need to get something for the shaker elements I used black sequins and silver stars - place these carefully on the vellum in the middle - you don't need loads so don't overdo it or it will overtake the image.
10. you now need to remove the backing from the double sided foam tape and stick your image down on to this - make sure the image is centered and then push firmly down on the tape.
11. Now all you need to do is stick the box  together - I used double sided tape for this and voila you are done - just fill with your favorite treat or present.

Here are side views of my shaker box




















I used a Wallpaper sample to make mine - I am loving these they are brilliant for crafting and come in so many beautiful designs - as it was quite thin I reinforced my box on the inside with plain white card - if you have a favourite paper you want to use you can do it this way too - simply cut out some white (or coloured) card to size and stick down with double sided tape before putting the box together.

I hope you have found this elpful - I haven't done a tutorial before but I thought you might like this one xx

2 comments:

Becky said...

Gorgeous box Manda and I love your cats and wedding photos too, looks like you had a great day!
Love Becky xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Amanda,
This is a great treat box and so well done to suit the season. I love it. Your step by step instructions are so clear even I should be able to follow this one.
Hugs,
Fiona x