Saturday, November 6, 2010

An 18th Birthday card and some BRILLIANT news

Hello everyone (if your still there) it's been a while but I have some excellent news I have been asked to join the 2cute design team so excited to start working with these images pop along here to see what the current DT are up to.


I have been making cards behind the scene and promise to be better at uploading them now :) Here is a card I made for a colleagues daughter for her 18th Birthday - he had looked around all of the shops and didn't like any of the ones he had seen. I have used an image from Sweet N Sassy stamps I think this image is perfect for the more grown up / teenager card
The paper is actually from a christmas paper pack but i thought it would go well with this card. I am not sure if you can see it in the picture but it is glittery too which I love. The ribbon was brought from my local craft shop and the sentiment computer generated. 

Below is a close up of the image 


This image has been coloured using copic markers as always. I am still trying to learn how to colour the folds in clothes with these but am gradually getting better. I have inked the edge of the image using distress inks and mounted it on to two tones of blue card. 

I am entering this card in to the following challenges

The ABC challenge blog - G is for Glitter
Creative inspirations challenge - Glitter, glamour, girlie


3 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Amanda,
Firstly congrats on the DT post. You'll be a hit I'm sure.
This card is gorgeous. Very stylish and a fantastic image and colours. Love the papers.
Hugs,
Fiona x

angelique (anlou) said...

congrats on your DT member ship
i just love the card you've made
the folds in her dress is so pretty
i wish i could color like that
hugs angelique

Pattie said...

Yes, congrats on the DT position! And what a beautiful job on this very pretty image! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations challenge!