Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Challenge 17 over on Karens Doodles ' Tag your it'

Good Morning ladies I hope you are all well. I am soooooo sorry for the lack of postings on here lately I have been busy making my brothers wedding invitations and have been poorly for the last few days so haven't had time to get any done :( I know it's bad when I can't craft. 

The challenge over on Karens Doodles this week is Tag your it. This can be interpreted however you wish as long as you use a Karens Doodles image. I have chosen to make a tag for one of my Christmas presents for this challenge. I am hoping to do a few more too before Christmas I think it is nice to add that little extra touch. 

Here is my tag which I made using Santa's list isn't he cute 


I coloured the image using copic markers as always :) and added a bit of clear stickles glitter glue to Bigsbys hat. I have heat embossed some snowflakes around the edge of the tag and then distressed using Tim Holtz Distress inks in tumbled glass and stormy sky. This is the same technique I am using for my brothers wedding invitations I will be sure to post a picture when they are completed.

Please be sure to enter the challenge this week over on Karens Doodles - what a great chance to get some christmas cards done too :) if you are needing some inspiration don't forget to check out the rest of the design team to see how they interpreted this challenge.

Look forward to checking out your creations.

14 comments:

chris said...

Morning Amanda
this is very beautiful, and you are away with those distress inks again. stunning work love chris xx

Crystal said...

WOW Amanda what a GREAT tag...LOVE the inking and the snowflakes all around your tag!!! That image is sweet and colored perfectly!!! Awesome work!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Amanda,
This tag is absolutely gorgeous. The image is fantastic and you have coloured it beautifully.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Catherine said...

I adore your tag Amanda ! Bigsby is my favorite character from Karen ! He is adorable ! Smiles from Catherine

Joey said...

Hiya Amanda

gorgeous new blog background, love the colour and edging of this tag

Joey.x

Sally H said...

Love your Tag, Amanda. Fabulous distress inks!

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

A gorgeous tag - great to see your distress inks are getting lots of use.

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Love Jules xx

Viv said...

Amanda this is so cool! Might have to make some of these for christmas! Love the inked edges and embossed snowflakes. Viv xx

Anne said...

Cute, cute and more cute Amanda
Anne x

debby4000 said...

Oh beautiful christmas tag Amanda.
luv
Debby

crafty amy said...

Hiya Amanda, I am sorry I am late getting round again I am just catching up on all my DT's now :D
This is so pretty your colouinr is perfect! I hope you are feeling better.

Hugs

Amy xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic Tag Amanada and you have coloured the image supuberly.

Cathy
xxxx

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a gorgeous tag!!! I love the embossed snowflakes framing the tag, and your coloring is fabulous!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

cats whiskers said...

Wow what a fabulous creation your colouringis just awesome hun
Hugs Jacqui x