Friday, January 15, 2010

Birthday card for a friend

Good Afternoon All, thank you for visiting my blog today it is lovely to have you here.

I made this card last night for a friend whose birthday it is today. This seems to be my 'go to' image for male cards at the minute, I really need to look at getting some new ones.

I followed a sketch on Mojo Monday for this one which is shown below;





Here is what I did with the sketch, I used papers from DCVW that Steph gave us in our goody bags at the make and take, the button is from Papermania as is the ribbon. I coloured the Image using copic markers. I also used my new border punch by Martha stewart on this card :) I love it.




Here is a close up of the image - the gem i used was bought at Hobbycraft but I can't for the life of me remember the make, I really should do these blog posts at home so I can start doing a card recipe again.



I am entering this card in to the following challenges

The Pink Elephant - Brithday
Paper make up - Birthday

7 comments:

Tina said...

Ooh la la, what a fun image. Thanks for playing along with the Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge.

An Occasional Genius said...

What a great image for men cards!! Where can I get my hands on one?

Lindsy said...

=) I can see why it is your "go to" image for male birthdays!
The colors you chose were great and your coloring is lovely! =)

dawnmercedes said...

Hey! Looks great! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Makeup!

Annie said...

Wow - totally gorgeous card - thank you so much for sharing this fab work with us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

Christi Flores said...

What a fun card!! I love this!!!

1CardCreator said...

Hi there Amanda, I didn't know you had a blog! I know you from PCP, I did an image swap with you there. I love your card, lots of detail and the image is super! Now that I know where you are I'll have to stop by more often. ~Diane